St. Ninian's Alyth
Our lovely sandstone church, built in 1856 by the great grandfathers of some of our present congregation, stands on Airlie Street, the main road into Alyth. There is a ramped entrance. Inside the church is light and has a magnificent rose window and three beautiful stained glass windows around the apse. An elegant marble relief depicts Life after Death
Our congregation is a small friendly welcoming group of people. Some have lived in Alyth and belonged to this church all their lives. Others have come having moved into the area. We enjoy meeting to share worship.
We welcome our Rector Rev. James Bryson to St. Ninian’s Church.
First Service at St. Ninian’s Church.
Sunday 24th November 11 am
All very welcome to join us.
Services at St.Ninian's are held at 11am.
The first Sunday of the month we follow the traditional Book of Common Prayer following the resonant ancient phraseology.
On the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Sundays the service uses the Scottish 1982 Liturgy with the congregation joining together in the prayers and responses.
On a 5th Sunday we join with the congregations of St. Anne’s and St. Catharine’s for a united service at 10.30am.
All services end with Communion to which all are invited if they wish.
Traidcraft Groceries are on sale after the 4th service in the month, supporting the fight against poverty through trade, tea coffee muesli, chocolate and sweets!
Everyone, with or without a Christian belief, is very welcome to join us. We hope you will find God’s peace through our worship.